Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Hope for The Future Generation

What an exciting day as we watched the inauguration of our 44th president. I was thrilled to be able to talk to my class about how we were "watching history." They were engaged and interested to watch the ceremony on the big screen, full of questions later on about where the president will live and what he will do.
As I watched the contagious excitement of those present at the inauguration and listened to the amazingly coherent, moving speech of President Obama, I couldn't help but feel hope for the kids watching him today, perhaps the first president they will remember later in their lives. I feel moved to work with others to achieve common goals to help kids flourish. I feel excited that people will have a trust and hopefully hear the call to action that our new President has sent out.
It's a time of change, yes. It's also a time to take our freedom as a responsibility to do our part in turning this country around. We can start right now, by taking care of the young people in our lives, nourishing them and watching them flourish into hopeful, motivated young adults who will make their marks on the world.

No comments: